Tuesday, July 28, 2009

TWD Nutella Swirl Ice Cream

Posted by BAKE-EN at 10:58 AM


Lynne of Cafe LynnyLu decided on Vanilla Ice Cream as this week's TWD recipe. Check out Lynne's blog for the recipe.

Vanilla ice cream is such a fun base to play with. For today's treat I decided to add nutella (about 1/2 a container) and some finely chopped toasted hazelnuts (about 1/2 cup) to my ice cream. I added the nuts to the base about 4 minutes before it was done churning. Once it was fully churnned I folded in the nutella.



It shouldn't be surprising to anyone that this ice cream was beyond delicious. There is just no way nutella, hazelnuts and vanilla can go wrong (unless of course you're allegic to nuts).

13 comments on "TWD Nutella Swirl Ice Cream"

Nichicakes on July 28, 2009 at 12:06 PM said...

That looks yummy!

Pamela on July 28, 2009 at 12:27 PM said...

Um...YUM! Sounds fabulous. And it looks so creamy and inviting!

Megan on July 28, 2009 at 12:48 PM said...

I can't show this to my husband. He is a Nutella lover big time.

Hindy on July 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM said...

Great idea! I love all the variations of the recipe I'm reading about today. Well done!

Mary on July 28, 2009 at 1:39 PM said...

Yum...I was hoping someone would add nutella..I like your idea of adding the hazelnuts too.
m

ostwestwind on July 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM said...

I dont't care for Nutella, but my children would love it...

Ulrike @ Küchenlatein

pinkstripes on July 28, 2009 at 3:26 PM said...

Nutella is always good. Your ice cream looks great! YUM.

Audrey on July 28, 2009 at 6:42 PM said...

I wish I had used Nutella because even tho my fudge ripple was yummy it didn't have that fudgy/chewy feel that fudge ripple's supposed to have! Nutella would be easier and better! (and thanks for the tips about finding vanilla beans!)

Lillian on July 29, 2009 at 3:41 PM said...

You're my new hero. I must try that at the soonest possible opportunity.

Engineer Baker on July 30, 2009 at 3:06 AM said...

Niiice! Hazelnuts + nutella swirl definitely dress this up!

betty geek on August 1, 2009 at 3:00 PM said...

Love your close ups and the Nutella creativity!

You go!!!

Lynne Daley on August 9, 2009 at 10:10 AM said...

What a combo! I love the nutella swirl and the nuts addition.
Thanks for making Dorie's recipe with me.

Suzie Ridler on August 26, 2009 at 7:40 AM said...

I may have to try this one! I have been looking for the technique to add the Nutella without it just disappearing into the ice cream. Folding it is genius! Thanks you.

 

Bake-En Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez